LOAVES & FISHES MINISTRIES, INC.
June 2018 CALENDAR (download
Volunteer of the Month to Remember: Two very special people from First Congregational Church in Bloomfield have died very recently. Art Tucker and his wife, June Tucker were contacts for their church since our earliest days thirty-six years ago. Art and June were vigorous workers and worked with us every month for over 20 years. They cooked, they transported food, they helped prep the meal, and they served food to our clients. They did everything with a smile-for clients, staff, and each other. I will never forget Art calling me and saying the gravy had spilled after a sudden stop. He had gravy all over the car-and his pants. He went home and changed and returned to serve the meal. We all loved these two wonderful people. They'll always be remembered.
The Walk Against Hunger - Final numbers not in yet. Saturday, May
5th was a lovely day for the Walk Against Hunger. We had many teams walking
for Loaves and Fishes. We know we raised over $20,000-the crucial number in
order for us to receive 80%. Foodshare receives the remaining 20%. Look for
final numbers and teams in next month's calendar letter. We will let team
captains know the results as soon as we have them. Many people have reported
walkers for L & F, so we are most anxious to see the results.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
- We understand that sometimes you have questions about serving at Loaves & Fishes. We are here to answer those questions! Please do not hesitate to call us at 524-1730.
Remember, when weather is difficult, the group contact makes the decision concerning group attendance. It is always your call. If you think you may be short on volunteers for your day, please call us 48 hours in advance (if possible) so we can find extra help. (524-1730)
Thank You for Your Dedication to Our Clients